Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Yesterday I was driving to class and I heard on the radio that 1.2 million women in America get an abortion. As I was driving, I thought about this and realized that 1.2 million just seems like a large, but distant figure. So I pulled out my cell phone and divided 1.2 million by 365 and I was staggered by the outcome. I realized that in America alone there are 3,288 babies that are aborted each day. This was shocking to me and very disturbing. I wrote the number on my hand so that I would see it throughout the day and remember this sobering reality.

O how it must break our Father's heart to see so many women here in America get an abortion because they think that they can dictate when they want a baby. Abortion is none other than the slaughtering of life. Furthermore, it is killing unborn babies with a real heart, with real feet, with a real nose and with a real soul. How devastating this is. I believe that this will only escalate in coming months and years (unfortunately) and that we, as biblical counselors, must come to grips with how to biblically counsel these women who, after having an abortion, are conscience stricken and guilty for murdering a human life.

May we as evangelical Christians who care about human life, nay, who care about God's glory and God's image as seen and revealed in humans, take a stand for human life and be ready and able to:

1 Peter 3:15-16 15 but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence; 16 and keep a good conscience so that in the thing in which you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame.
Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!